Monday 11 June 2012

Happy Independence Day, Pinas!

Happy 114th Independence Day, Pinas!

It must be a holiday there now. But where I am now, it's not! Not fair! He-he.

So, I will just join your celebration from afar like thousands and thousands of other Pinoys living and working away from your shores.

One of these days, I will fly home. And when I do, I hope to enjoy the food, the people and your beaches again!

But in the meantime, as I roam around Seoul and see Philippine flags flying, I am always reminded of who I really am.

The flag, originally sewn by Senora Marcela Agoncillo, with  its royal blue and scarlet red colors, always remind me that, wherever I am, I am always...a Pinoy.



(A Philippine flag flying at Itaewon. How thoughtful of the Yongsan-gu officials. My flag at my playground. :-)

(At the War Memorial)

(At the Philippine Hi-Seoul booth)

                      (At the Philippine Hi-Seoul booth)


                    (At the Philippine Hi-Seoul booth)


                   (At the Philippine Embassy in Seoul 
                        with my friend, Ruth, happy to pose for me)


(The Philippine Embassy's concert hall)

                              (At the War Memorial)

No comments:

Post a Comment