Thursday 27 November 2014

The 2014 ASEAN Film Festival in Seoul!

Thanks to the posting of the ASEAN film festival on the Philippine Embassy in Seoul Facebook page; I will be watching a Filipino film this Sunday, November 30, 2014. 
                        (Maja blanca, suman and puto!)

Last Sunday, I was at Hyewha-dong's Pinoy Market to get some Pinoy goodies from my favorite vendor, Junila, and to savor some Pinoy dishes at the turo-turo restaurant across the street. This Sunday though, no Pinoy dishes for me. Only a Pinoy movie!
                                   (Bananacue and pink gelatin delights)
                  (My dose of dinuguan, kare-kare and atay!)

The ASEAN film festival at the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Seoul, just right next to the Gyeongbuk Palace has started today, November 7, 2014 and will end next week, December 4.

Films from ten ASEAN member countries, namely, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam will be screened, and according to the festival's flyer, certain directors and actors of the films will be at the festival venue, too.

I have reserved my tickets for Sunday's films, If Only, from the Philippines, and Ilo Ilo, from Singapore for this Sunday. You can also reserve by sending your request to: aseff@aseankorea.org

I can't remember the last time I have watched a Filipino movie in a theater. It's been maybe ten years or more. So, instead of having Pinoy dishes, I'll be watching Sana Dati, or If Only

Ilo Ilo, on the other hand, was the recipient of the Camera d'Or award at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. It's a 'must-see'! I wonder if the directors of both films will be there.

Here are more details from the Visit Korea website:

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/FU/FU_EN_15.jsp?cid=1966546

And the ASEAN-Korea website:

http://best.aseankorea.org/


See you at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment