Sunday 29 December 2013

Thanks To Friends, I Got The 2014 Starbucks Planners!

They have been very popular over the years; these Starbucks planners. 
                   (The red planner from the 17 stickers)

And every year, before I fly home to the Philippines, I try to complete the 17-sticker requirement for my niece. Last year, I wasn't able to complete it as my visits to Starbucks was limited. 
                                  (Another red planner from a friend)

This year, however, I had help. A lot of help!

Although the 'Starbucks planner event' ends on December 31, I was flying out of Seoul on the third week. So, on the beginning of the second week, I asked friends if they have Starbucks stickers to spare. Of the 17 cups, you need to purchase at least three special Christmas coffee flavors. And lucky for me, Rio and some friends gave me their electronic stickers, which I then incorporated into my Starbucks card, and voila! They totaled 17!  As the red colored planner was very popular, I wasn't able to claim it as the Starbucks coffee shop at Yongsan Station, which was the nearest one to my office. I had to claim it from the one next to the Soonchunhyang Hospital in Hannam-dong in Yongsan-gu.



And while I already secured one for my niece, Priscila, another friend gave me another planner! A Korean friend who used to manage a Starbucks coffee shop in Yongsan-gu gave me another planner. On the second week of December, I also told her that I was running out of time and was worried that I wouldn't be able to complete the 17 stickers. And a few days before I flew out of Seoul, she said she was giving me another one! How generous of her! Now, my other niece, Toni, was getting one, too!
So, in 2013, my annual quest for a Starbucks planner was doubly successful. I can now relax. Ha-ha-ha!

How about you? Have you been able to get yours, too?

5 comments:

  1. When I started working, I really wanted to have this SB planner. But with a meager income, I know I can't make it. Surprise of surprises, a Korean family had all their coffee purchased credited to my sticker card. Voila! I was able to collect the planner, three days after I received an almost empty card. Haha

    Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, too! I am sure by now, you also have your 2014 Starbucks planner as well!

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed. The best planner by far. Check my blogpost http://dblackbitch.blogspot.com and win the White Starbucks 2014 pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't they sell the same planners in the Phillipines Starbucks as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also sell planners in Starbucks Philippines but with a different design and size.

      Delete