Friday 27 March 2015

On A Seoul Sidewalk: One Man's Trash Is Another Man's...


Treasure! Treasured art, maybe.

I was walking along the sidewalk of Itaewon in the Yongsan District of Seoul last night when I stumbled into this pile of trash. Usually, it would only be black trash bags and other garbage.


But what made the scene unusual was a couple of framed paintings, or at least they looked that way under the dim lights. I wonder if the owner lived nearby, or had a shop that just closed down and wanted to get rid of these.

Or maybe they weren't paintings at all. Maybe they were just prints which were then framed. I'd never know. I'm not an art expert and I didn't look closely. I just took their photos. Ha-ha-ha!


I wonder if the garbage collectors were able to throw these two frames into their truck the next morning. 

Maybe, someone passing by also saw these and realized these two could still hang on their wall, which then proves that...'one man's trash is another man's treasure', indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment