Thursday 15 June 2023

Happy 10th Anniversary, BTS!

A few years ago, I read in the news that the kpop boy band, BTS, lives in my neighborhood of Hannam-dong in the Yongsan District of Seoul, Korea. (read blog here).

So, I thought for a moment that they would have lived inside the UN Village, an area where rich families, CEOs, celebrities live. My apartment was just next to UN Village, so I probably encountered a few of them around the area during weekends. And on a few occasions, I recognized a member of the boyband, Shinwha, was on the next treadmill at an underground gym in Hannam-dong. But as to BTS, I later found out that they had an apartment at Hannam The Hill, a very exclusive apartment complex that sits in an area where Dankook University campus used to be.

So, this week, I join the millions of BTS fans as Seoul landmarks also pay tribute to their popularity with these landmarks, which I have visited several times over the years, turning purple. 

Happy anniversary, BTS! You guys have come a long way! 😎

#BTS #seoul #Korea #COEX #tradetower #Namsan #DDP #DongdaemunDesignPlaza #sebitseom #floatingisland #banpopark #lotteworldtower 

Photo credit: Korea Tourism Organization 








No comments:

Post a Comment