Monday 13 December 2010

An Autumn Wedding: Tessa and Gyu-Min








After all these years of living in Korea, I have attended several Korean weddings, which I found different and not as solemn as the Catholic weddings in the Philippines. But that's the way weddings are in Korea: be it held at wedding halls, at hotels or in churches.


But this autumn was a first for me:  a wedding between a Filipina, Tessa, and her Korean groom, Gyu-Min! 


And it was special.


And to borrow the words from a Filipino variety show, the wedding was 'staged, choreographed and directed', by Tessa's creative and talented (naks!) Filipino friends. Their wedding was solemn, romantic and very intimate, with a pastor officiating the ceremony and their friends leading the serenade of love songs which brought smiles and tears to the bride and some of the guests' eyes.


I'm not sure when I'd be able to attend a Filipino-Korean wedding again, but Tessa and Gyu-Min's wedding is one unique and elegant her well-wishers (and I) won't forget.


And to borrow Karen Carpenter's "You", which was sung during the couple's first dance....


"You are my heart and my soul, my inspiration...just like the old love song goes...You are one of the few things worth remembering...and since it's all true, how could anyone mean more to me than you."


Mabuhay ang bagong kasal!

2 comments:

  1. oh, so lovely post..
    I was there, with our friends Anne and Cathy, too.. been waiting for pictures to be uploaded, actually...
    we were late for the ceremony, just in time for the meal...
    thanks for sharing them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I think Tessa has all her photos by now from her official photographer and me.

    ReplyDelete